The Ultimate Freelance Guide — Updates:
You'll be able to keep track of the latest course updates below.
Update: May 2018
Thank you to everyone who provided early feedback on the course. I was able to implement much of what was shared, and I look forward to hearing what you think of this new and improved course. Here is an outline of what was amended or added:
- Merging Courses
- Adding Second Perspectives
- New Types of Content
- More Videos
- How Does this Affect Pricing?
1. Merging Courses
I started out with separate courses, but with your feedback, decided to merge the two together, so that every person doing the course will get a more holistic view of the total freelance experience.
- All content is now available immediately after you sign up. This way you can jump to the sections you’re most interested in instead of having to wait for the sections on a daily or weekly basis. This allows you to also go at your own pace.
- I’ve added more content based on questions recieved and Included some concepts from the Pro freelance course.
(The Pro freelance course is currently in the making)
I restructured some parts of both courses, which was necessary after merging them together.
- I also broke up the long text into short chapters. I created an overview of all the chapters at the top of each page and highlighted the most important parts with bold text. This way you can easily find key parts and reference back to the course at a later date.
- I will need to redo the audio recordings since the course has been updated, but I will be asking for another round of feedback from all of you on this course, so I’d like to hold off recording until all tweaks and adjustments have been made. The good news? I have more videos, which you see in the features, which I mentioned above.
3. Added Second Perspectives!
I interviewed four top freelancers, with plans on interviewing and adding more as I go. This will give you another perspective on the content presented in the course. You can find little snippets of their interviews throughout the course. And their full interviews are on the last page in the course. I asked everyone roughly the same questions, so it's interesting to hear what each person has to say!
4. New Types of Content
Behind the lectures and chapters you can find emojis indicating what content you can expect to find there. This makes it easy to find the Second Perspectives sections for example because you just look for the mic icon.
- Added to-dos I added more questions for you to consider and little tasks you can do or that can challenge you.
5. More Videos
I’ve added and plan to add more videos. They are, as you can imagine, more time-consuming to make, but come closer to my vision of what the Ultimate Freelance Guide is all about.
6. How Does this Affect Pricing?
There is only one course now, which is called, "The Ultimate Freelance Guide" and it's priced at $299. For that, you get all my freelance experience for less than your day rate. For people who bought the course early, here’s how it’ll work:
- If you bought the Business course ($249): You will be upgraded to the new course for FREE!
(That’s a savings of $50!)
- If you bought the Foundation Course ($129): You will receive a link via email to upgrade to the updated new course for only $120. (That saves you $50 off the updated new course!)
- If you bought both the Business and Foundation course: You will be upgraded to the new course for FREE! + You’ll get a REFUND for the Foundation Course! (That’s a total of $129 back!)
This puts everyone on the same level. I want to make this fair for everyone. Because YOU were on board early and I'm thankful for your feedback, you deserve a discount.
Launched: January 2018
I launched the two courses calle the Freelance Foundation and the Business of Freelance.